The Sr. Food Scientist is accountable for planning and executing research to support Protein Ingredients & International business strategy with focus on new product development and process improvement, sales technical support and new technology introduction to align with customer needs. This position will work closely with other R&D scientists/technicans, Business Managers, Sales, Marketing, Consumer Insights, Food Safety Quality & Regulatory and Operations. A proactive approach in promoting collaboration across Cargill Protein business segments is expected of this role. Responsibilities include providing technical expertise project leadership for:
1. New product development for business growth inclusive of new capabilities development
2. Defend and maintain existing business
3. Protect and improve existing IP and create new IP
* Bachelor’s degree in Food Science, Meat Science or similar discipline
* Able to demonstrate keen knowledge of processed meats; such as cooked meat formulation techniques, use and evaluation of functional ingredients, and process development/improvement.
* Willingness to travel up to 30%
*Ability to interact and communicate with customers utilizing both technical and non-technical language
* Able to work in cold wet environments
* Must understand and adhere to Food Safety Principles – HACCP, GMPs
* Proficient in data analysis and experimental design.
* Minimum 5 years of experience in new product development, product commercialization and product/process improvement.
* Must be willing to relocate to Wichita, KS.
* Understanding of Project Management basics
* Bilingual in Spanish
* Experience working directly with customers.
Equal Opportunity Employer, including Disability/Vet.
Employer will assist with relocation costs.
Internal Number: WIC04005
Working at Cargill is an opportunity to thrive—a place to develop your career to the fullest while engaging in meaningful work that makes a positive impact around the globe. You will be proud to work for a company with a strong history of ethics and a purpose of nourishing people. We offer a diverse, supportive environment where you will grow personally and professionally as you learn from some of the most talented people in your field. With 150 years of experience Cargill provides food, agriculture, financial and industrial products and services to the world. We have 150,000 employees in 70 countries who are committed to feeding the world in a responsible way, reducing environmental impact and improving the communities where we live and work. Learn more at www.cargill.com.