| Vice President of Operations & Engineering Our rapidly growing company has developed & commercializes a patented, federally approved innovative meat industry technology which is provided and serviced under license to qualified red meat processing establishments in four major red meat producing countries. Join a successful, highly innovative, effective & forward thinking team boasting a fun, relaxed culture that offers a chance to be a part of something that is making a substantial, positive impact in the operations of our clients while delivering value to our shareholders. Position is based at Hudson, WI HQ and Melbourne, AU with frequent travel to client locations. As the VPOE, you will be responsible for: * Leadership – Contribute to the development of effective business plans by offering innovative solutions in collaboration with colleagues on current and long-range business issues. Communicate, demonstrate and reinforce actions that support the company values, vision and mission to assure all personnel are aligned with the issues. Lead the effort in process improvement, quality management. Provide continuous guidance and effective direction to assure that team members, vendors and contractors receive thorough and complete development in all aspects of their assigned work activities. |
* Strategic & Organizational Development – Play significant role in developing & executing new strategic initiative, including exciting new technology & scientific R&D. Develop effective operation, implementation and technology models ensuring that appropriate resources and skill levels exist to produce meaningful work products to successfully service the needs of the company and client. Play a major role in bringing in new resources to meet strategic and operational needs. Introduce new operational technologies and efficient improvements.
* Employee/Client Relations – Maintain a favorable employee climate and positive client relations by ensuring that an open, collegial flow of communication exists for effective supervision, project management and problem resolution.
* Management – Lead the teams in AU and USA. Ensure all production, data collection, inventories, maintenance, engineering, Q.A, HACCP & SOP’s, client relations, workplace safety, project management (e.g., installations, repairs & upgrades), technical support, training and productivity, ensuring quality and service standards are consistently achieved.
* Continuing Technical Education & Proficiency – Maintain knowledge of current technical practices, production design and methodologies, department procedures, system applications, and governmental regulations to effectively provide direction and leadership to department personnel and other employees on such matters. Attend industry conferences and events. * Technical Skills –Intimate and hands-on knowledge of systems integration and meat plant production management, slaughter, fab and further processing engineering & practices, plant HR, maintenance & engineering, automation & controls. Moderate familiarity with R&D, IP management, hardware/mechanical & plant engineering. Comfort with systems design engineering, electrical (power & low voltage), fluid engineering, reliability testing and improvement, data analysis. Some exposure to I/P management/coordination, IT management, computer configuration and set up, systems/software training. * Supervising – Supervise our staff and client staff to ensure satisfactory performance of all job functions and compliance with company guidelines & policies.
* Staffing – Maintain department staffing levels to ensure the efficient and timely performance of all assigned production and engineering functions. Lead role together with CEO and VP Finance in bringing on new hires as the company grows.
* Process Improvement – Develop systems, methods of analysis and appropriate metrics to enhance operations and delivery of technology and service. Participate in development of new intellectual property. Be able to hit the road running managing a highly innovative breakthrough technology emerging from years of development that will require careful guidance in commissioning.
* Hardware, IP, Software Liaison – Maintain relationships with key suppliers and vendors, industry leaders, keeping current with latest technical updates and product offerings to assess most effective solutions and applications for current and future operational needs. Upgrade security systems and be vigilant concerning operational security and protection of IP.
* Operational and HACCP Reporting – Monitor mix room and rinse area processing, ensuring it is in compliance with HACCP, SSOP’s, GMP’s, USDA/AQIS/CFIA and Company policies; and define, develop and create various forms and reports as needed to support same. Update and supervise the generation of various weekly operational and other reports as required to ensure that required information is accurately produced, communicated and archived in a timely manner.
* Customer Service – Supervise on-demand customer support from company personnel and from outside vendors, be able to directly lend a hand when necessary, such as connecting remotely and trouble-shooting systems. This is about site support, from the electronic to the human, e.g. animal harvest area management, involving training & support of client production, QC & sales personnel. Research and respond to internal and external questions in a timely and effective manner. * Quality – Monitor work performance to ensure that acceptable productivity, accuracy and customer service levels are achieved (e.g. meat quality, performance attributes.)
* Project Management– Oversee the pre-installation specification process, communicating clearly and effectively to client all necessary client modifications. Effectively oversee and coordinate all aspects of implementation, upgrades, and maintenance of proprietary harvest technology.
* Inventory – Monitor inventory to ensure accurate and timely procurement of critical inventories and spare parts.
* Problem Resolution – Research and respond to internal and external questions providing appropriate resolution in a timely and accurate manner.
The US and Australian businesses in particular are poised for rapid expansion making this a rewarding position will that will be integral to the team’s success. If you are qualified to join this team of motivated and successful professionals, then we would like to meet you. Legal US residency required.