The IT Business Analyst for a functional business area role serves as a liaison between the functional business area system users, business partners and IT. This role will be the first point of contact within the functional business area team for any system related issues whether originated by IT or the users.
The IT Business Analyst will identify training opportunities, system business process gaps, system performance concerns and system enhancement needs. This role will be critical with any functional business area system implementations to ensure business users are prepared and to provide on-going support for daily operations. In addition this employee will have ongoing responsibilities for identifying and implementing system enhancement and related processes and provide on-going training as needed.
By leveraging your experience, leadership skills, positive attitude as well as your understanding for cross-functional relationships you will help deliver process and technology within in a global environment.
- Assist in the development and identification of functional business area system needs for the functional business area operations.
- Be functional business area team's voice and liaison with IT regarding acquisition implementations, system enhancements, and upgrades.
- Communicate business needs, update functional business area leadership with progress on open requests and work with management team to coordinate any planner resource needs for design, testing and implementation support.
- Lead the work effort to ensure the functional business area team is prepared for any system changes – training, SOP's, establishment of super user forum and consistent communication of progress and identification of any gaps. Interact with external and internal business partners to define business requirements associated with system utilization and enhancements. Define and execute test scenarios.
- Utilize project management skills to ensure work streams are properly identified and prioritized, resources utilized, time lines met and provide consistent status updates.
- Serve as functional business area team's main point of contact for IT with any critical system performance issues. Communicate issues impacting daily operations to the functional business area team and provide updates on resolution. Work with the functional business area Managers to ensure performance issues are resolved and communicate any identified business impact.
- Application maintenance, troubleshooting and on-call support including answering user questions on system functionality, corrections for production problems, recommendations for improvement, data correction, one-time corrective action and coordination with other IT Support groups for problem resolution.
- Review current functional business area business processes to determine where automation / improvements will drive efficiency. Identify process efficiencies, recommend innovative uses of software functionality, design, implement solutions and train end-users.
- Be the go-to person for users with system related concerns and questions. Contact internal or external IT support services if truly a system issue or provide training when needed. Work closely with transportation management functions to address training needs and business process gaps.
- Work with business to design functional specifications for reports and assist in the development of reports to manage ongoing business needs.
- Partnering with cross channel teams to identify opportunities and supporting the development of new sustainable best practice approaches while providing subject matter expertise in the functional business area.
- Assist in the development of an annual plan that aligns with the business and the functional business area.
- Bachelor's Degree in business, computer information systems, management information systems computer science or related field and 5 years of experience in IT or related roles.
- Three to five years of experience with emphasis in systems supporting a specific functional business area.
- General knowledge of IT systems, SAP as well as a strong understanding of the interfaces between SAP and third party systems.
- Demonstrated ability to understand system capabilities and ability to find ways to improve system performance
- Strong verbal and written communication skills with ability to effectively communicate with planners, peers and executive leadership
- Previous experience in systems support activities, i.e. business to IT liaison
- Previous experience in defining system requirement and defining test scenarios
- Demonstrated high learning agility and strong analytical skills
- Strong leadership and management skills that align with the Smithfield culture. Specific skills include facilitating change, driving operational excellence, and striving for continuous improvement.
- Experience with project management.