|EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE: |
• M.S. in Animal Science, Meat Science, Food Science, Food Engineering, Engineering, similar field or B.S. and 5+ years of food industry experience.
• Possess the ability to gather, interpret, and communicate technical information to parties both internally and externally.
• Possess the ability to lead or collaborate on customer projects.
• Possess the ability to plan and design testing procedures, anticipate next steps and potential problems, and identify solutions.
• Ability to partner with cross-functional business team members.
• Microsoft Word – intermediate knowledge.
• MS Excel – intermediate knowledge.
• MS PowerPoint – intermediate knowledge.
• MS Outlook – intermediate knowledge.
OTHER SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE:
• Strong organization, problem solving and analytical skills are essential.
• Excellent verbal, written, and presentation skills.
• Must be able to effectively communicate simultaneously between the vendor, sales, service and marketing and other various departments as required.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The employee is regularly required to sit, use hands, talk and hear. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perceptions and ability to adjust focus. To evaluate product will require the employee to bend, reach, crouch, and climb safety ladders and platforms. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: The majority of the work is performed in an office setting that includes cubicles, desks, computers, copiers and equipment used to produce written documents. The employee will also spend time in typical manufacturing and processing facilities that will include refrigeration, high humidity, moving and processing equipment, and moderate noise exposure.