| Summary: |
Sell business to business focusing on equipment and supplies primarily for the meat processing industry.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Sell to customers primarily over the telephone by identifying customer needs, quoting appropriate equipment to meet their needs, negotiating pricing and persuading them to buy UltraSource equipment.
• Have firm understanding of meat processing equipment, operation and how it can impact the business of our customers.
• Provide consultation to customers to assist in identifying equipment needed for their applications.
• Assist with customer equipment demonstrations and seminars (UltraSource Academy prepared meats short course).
• Make regularly scheduled proactive calls to targeted customers to generate sales, track, and measure these calls through the sales process.
• Use current software package (CRM) to plan the workload, create, and track customer opportunities. These opportunities are then moved through the sales pipeline until the order is booked and the opportunity is closed. All customer contact should be noted in this software also.
• Achieve budgeted sales, margins, and net profit goals of the business unit.
• Assist other sales staff to generate cross selling opportunities for processing equipment.
• Support Outside Sales efforts.
• 25% travel required which may fluctuate each year according to trade shows, training visits, and customer visits and installations.
• This position will be measured the following way: opportunity management, phone usage, bookings, and billings generated.
• Review trade publications to keep abreast of the marketplace, technological developments, competitor offerings, and to garner customer leads.
• Seek out new suppliers to maintain competitive and cost advantage.
• Observe all safety and security procedures for your area. Use equipment and materials properly and report potentially unsafe conditions to management. Your personal safety actions will be accountable in your performance review.
• Other duties as assigned.
• This position has no supervisory responsibility.