|Education and/or Experience: |
• Currently enrolled in a college program focusing on either meat science, food science, ag business, business, sales, entrepreneurship, or one year related experience.
• Completed college coursework in meat science, food technology, or agricultural science preferred.
• University meat lab or hands on experience in processing plant is a plus.
• CRM software experience preferred.
• Microsoft Word –intermediate knowledge.
• MS Excel – intermediate knowledge.
• MS Outlook – intermediate knowledge.
Other Skills and Knowledge
• Good interpersonal skills and the ability to work with equipment product line managers and supplies sales personnel
• Excellent verbal communication skills especially in the use of the phone to make sales calls.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle or feel, talk and hear. The employee is frequently required to walk. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The work environment is usually quiet and climate controlled. However, the job occasionally requires exposure to moving mechanical parts, industrial machinery, moderate noise, and hot or cold ambient temperatures.